VIC REEVES, WIFE NANCY SORRELL AND CHILDREN TOOK A MOTORHOME AROUND THE LAKE DISTRICT IN AUGUST AND RECOUNT THEIR EXPERIENCE HERE:
Imagine going on a holiday where you don't have to queue at airports or wait at railway stations and you have all your home comforts at your finger-tips? That's what you get when you go Motorhoming.
We had a fabulous holiday in a motorhome that we borrowed from Marquis Motorhomes in Preston. We stayed at Borrowdale Caravan Club on the banks of Derwent Water. Walking, swimming, eating, drinking, climbing and looking at the beautiful views. What could be better?
We had a great time living in the motorhome itself and extending our space by sitting outside the motorhome under the awning. We went as a family and the twins had an amazing time playing in the forest that surrounded the campsite. At night we sat out under the stars and played Boggle.
We absolutely love the Lake District, camping and the outdoors.
Some of the things we did on our mini-adventure:
- Climbed up Catbells
- Sent whistle echoes around Borrowdale
- Took photographs of us walking on water, (really stood on rocks, just under the water, it looked good as you can see!).
- Saw some amazing fighting jets flying by.
- Had a picnic at the Chinese bridge at Borrowdale, yummy corn beef sandwiches, cheese, wine and juice.
- Swam in the Lakes.
- Saw the amazing waterfall behind the Lodore Falls Hotel.
- Walked 5 miles to Keswick along the lake shore, and caught the launch on the way back.
We'll be back ! - in a motorhome and to the Lakes no doubt....